Cor Groenveld is the Global Head of Food Supply Chain Services at LRQA. He has a degree in Food Technology and spent 10 years in the food industry before joining LRQA. His background includes being a Quality Assurance Manager, working in product development and production as well as logistics in the confectionery and convenience food industry.
Before taking on his current role as Global Head of Food Supply Chain Services, Cor has been an assessor manager, lead auditor, trainer and service developer at LRQA. Other relevant activities include:
- Chairman of the Board of the Foundation for Food Safety (owner of the FSSC 22000 certification scheme)
- Representative of the Independent International Organisation for Certification (IIOC) in the Food Safety Working Group of the European Accreditation Committee
- Member of the ISO working group for Food and Food Safety standards (including ISO 22000)
- Member of the Food Committee of the Dutch Normalisation Committee (NEN)
- Member of the Technical Committee of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) LRQA is a subsidiary of Lloyd's Register Group Limited.
LRQA has contributed to the development of international food safety standards and can assess your management system and train your team to FSSC 22000; ISO 22000; PAS 220; PAS 233, HACCP; BRC Food Safety Standard, the BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials, and the International Food Standard.
Beyond food safety assurance, we also help you manage risks in vital areas such as quality (ISO 9001), environment (IS0 14001), health and safety (OHSAS 18001), energy efficiency (ISO 50001), corporate responsibility, climate change and sustainability. In addition, through our Customised Assurance services, we can assess your suppliers against global and industry standards or against your own criteria.